Cast Aluminum Plaques
Metal plaques convey quality and durability. Other positives for casting:
- achieves greater depth of image from surface graphics to recessed depth,
- ability to depict sculptured graphics in bas relief (Note that it does take more time to prepare the actual sculpture in clay, get it approved, then prepare the molds for casting.)
- Casting works best with larger, bolder fonts and graphics, but we have methods of addressing finer detail if it is required. Ultimately, we need to see what needs to appear on the plaque.
- often somewhat “hollowed out” in back, so that the appearance of greater depth or mass can be achieved without having the weight or cost of a thicker plate.
Why use aluminum?
- Lighter weight
- “white metal” appearance where desired
- Lesser cost than bronze
- Can also be tinted to achieve close to the appearance of bronze, especially where the weight of bronze is undesirable.
- Used more often for interior plaques rather than exterior because it doesn’t weather as well as bronze.
Working and Pricing Direct
We work directly with our customers and work to bring the most competitive pricing possible for the need. To do so, we avoid selling to third party providers.
Metal plaques are often able to be priced on a per square inch basis, but in more unusual projects, there may be other cost factors involved, such as layered graphics, additional or custom colors, patina finishes, custom fonts, or detailed or even bas relief sculptured graphic images which are part of the work.
Aura Bronze Plaques will work with many types of metals beyond bronze in
order to create custom plaques for customers. Aluminum
plaques are made with the same precision and care as our other products.
Cast aluminum plaques are much more affordable than other metals and are
lightweight, great for interiors and can be tinted to achieve specific looks and
colors. Aluminum has more flexibility and can often times be tinted in order to
give the appearance of bronze or other metals. Because of its affordability and
durable nature, Aluminum casting is a popular choice for many people seeking to
save money but still achieve an elegant texture.
Below are some of the other benefits of aluminum, as well as what the benefits of casting can provide. If you have any questions about cast aluminum plaques, please feel free to give us a call.
Please see the Finishes/Options page for more details.